Satit Ramkhamhaeng Student Forum - Part of the Satit Ram Student Newspaper
March 28, 2024, 10:46:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Satit Ram's Student forum!
Here you can find information about what is going on in your class and in your school.  You can also post messages for your friends to read.
Also, look at Satit Ram Newspaper.

REMEMBER WHEN YOU REGISTER YOUR USERNAME SHOULD BE:
nickname+number-class (no slash)

Like Chris15-36 (Chris, number 15, class 3/6)

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

opinion-Next ten years Bangkok will be underwater city!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: opinion-Next ten years Bangkok will be underwater city!  (Read 254 times)
Palm39-29

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2008, 06:23:39 pm »

Next ten years Bangkok will be underwater city!             

Dr.Smith Dhammasaroch the previous director of The National Disaster Center was interviewed for World Environment Day (5th June)

“Next ten years Bangkok will be an underwater city…”

Bangkok will be an underwater city, because of Global warming.

Can we believe him?
        About ten years ago, He warned “a Tsunami will be occurring in the Andaman Sea” But nobody believed him. Someone thought he was mad and resisted him such as the governor of Phuket didn't allow Smith enter to Phuket because he destroyed tourism in Phuket at that time.
      Six years later, Andaman Sea had a Tsunami.
Ten provinces in the west coast of the southern part of Thailand got the big impact. If somebody trusted him at that time we could have saved many lives during the Tsunami was attacked.

Who’s Dr. Smith
       Many people know him well. He is very good in meteorology. He always warns about big impacts from natural disasters.
       He was a previous director of the National Disaster Center.
He resigned because he was really disappointed that the governments was never interested when he had warned about natural disasters.     

Bangkok will be underwater city?
     It’s beyond my imagination. But I believe Smith.
 Maybe it will be happen in the next 10-30 years. I heard about this story from other people. They said like this but in the next few years it will be true.
    We should trust him to prepare to protect people from the impact from natural disasters.

Save Bangkok, Save the world !!
    If everybody thinks, I have to survive. Next ten years I am going to live in upcountry or oversea.
    Nowadays all around the world get big impacts from global warming such as earthquake in Sichuan (China), cyclone Nargis in Myanmar etc.
    Everywhere have a chance to get the impact.
    We have a time to save Bangkok and save the world. Find a solution to remit global warming and save Bangkok together.

What do people do in this time?
Smith gave advice:   
    “Don’t worry. It’s not worth being serious about.
Don’t be nervous. Follow the news and learn about how to survive when the natural disasters is happen.

Something is more important, in this time all around the world have natural disasters. This is because “Green house effect” It make global warming.
      If temperature in the sea increases only 1 degree centigrade natural disasters will be happen quite often and it more powerful.
      This is a big lesson for humans to stop destroying nature by reducing any activities to create Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere”.

I hope nature will give us more time to remedy the wrong things that we have done. Smiley

-----------Stop global warming------                                     
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 07:20:34 pm by TBob » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

TBob
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 04:53:38 pm »

Palm, did you copy this from somewhere?Huh???
Report Spam   Logged

Remember - You do not have to do work on the internet.  You can give me your handwritten work or give me your work on CD or diskette.
Palm39-29

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 08:41:31 pm »

copy?  !! 

Why do you think I copy?

I really did it by myself.

and I have evidences  to show you in coming Thursday.

1.News in Thai language. I printed from the Internet (www.kapook.com)

http://hilight.kapook.com/view/24115

2.My summary by my writing in Thai. (I wrote Important sentences)
3.My transation and writing in English. 
Report Spam   Logged
Palm39-29

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 09:08:34 pm »

How  I did it?

1.I got an opinion topic.
2. I thinK about it.
     - few day ago I watched TV and I remember that I watched the news about
         "อีก10 ปีกรุงเทพจะกลายเป็นเมืองบาดาล"
        (Next 10 years bangkok will be underweter city)
3.searched about "อีก10 ปีกรุงเทพจะกลายเป็นเมืองบาดาล" on the internet
    - I found it in http://hilight.kapook.com/view/24115    (in thai)
    - I read it at least 3 times
    - I thought,Is it interesting to do?
    - I wrote summary in Thai.
    - I translated in to English.
         - I use easy words
         - For difficult words such as National disaster, World Environment day I searched it.
    - I typed in MS word on my computer.
        -MS word can help to check spelling and some Gramma
        -And my dad helped me to corrected gramma again. (only corrected gramma not wrote it for me)
    - I copied from MS word and posted in your website.

Done!!!   Smiley Smiley       
Report Spam   Logged
TBob
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:15:58 pm »

Very Good work then and I'm sorry for saying you copied from the internet.
Report Spam   Logged

Remember - You do not have to do work on the internet.  You can give me your handwritten work or give me your work on CD or diskette.
TBob
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 06:46:23 pm »

Again, I apologize!
Here are some of the changes we need to make!
This is only the first set of changes!

Next ten years Bangkok will be underwater city!             

Dr.Smith Dhammasaroch the previous director of the national disaster warning center give was interviewed for world environment day (5th June)

(Palm - The name of the center is National Disaster Center, so it's name should be started with a big letter.  The name of day should be in capital letters also as its the name of a special day.)      
    “Next ten years Bangkok will be an underwater city

Bangkok will be an underwater city, because of global warming.

Can we believe him?
        In About ten years ago, he warned a tsunami will be occurring in the Andaman Sea.” But nobody believed him. Someone thought he was mad and resisted him such as the governor of Phuket not and didn't allowed Smith enter to Phuket because he destroyed the tourism surrounding in Phuket at that time.
      Six years later, Andaman Sea had a tsunami.
Ten provinces in the west coast of the southern part of Thailand got the big impact. If somebody trusted him at that time we can could have saved many lives during the tsunami was attacked.

Who’s Dr. Smith
       Many people know him well. He is very good in meteorology. He always warns about big impacts from natural disasters.
       He was a previous director of the National Nisaster.
 Center He was resigned because he was really disappointed the that the governments was never interested when he had been warned about natural disasters.    

Bangkok will be underwater city?
     It’s beyond my imagination. But I believe Smith.
 Maybe it will be happen in the next 10-30 years. I heard about this story from other people. They said like this but in the next few years it will be true.
    We should trust him to prepare to protect people from the impact from natural disasters.

Save Bangkok, Save the world !!
    If everybody thinks, I have to survive. Next ten years I am going to live in upcountry or oversea.
    Nowadays all around the world get big impacts from global warming such as earthquake in Sichuan (China), cyclone Nargis in Myanmar etc.
    Everywhere have a chance to get the impact.
    We have a time to save Bangkok and save the world. Find a solution to remit global warming and save Bangkok together.

What do people do in this time?
Smith gave advice:   
    “Don’t worry. It’s not worth being serious about.
Don’t be nervous. Follow the news and learn about how to survive when the natural disasters is happen.

Something is more important, in this time all around the world have natural disasters. This is because “Green house effect” It make global warming.
      If temperature in the sea increases only 1 degree centigrade natural disasters will be happen quite often and it more powerful.
      This is a big lesson for humans to stop destroying the nature by reducing any activities to create greenhouse gases in the atmosphere”.

I hope nature will give us more time to remedy the wrong things that we have done. Smiley

-----------Stop global warming------                                    

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 07:00:19 pm by TBob » Report Spam   Logged

Palm39-29

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:54:25 pm »

Thanks a lot for checked mistakes in my topic.  Smiley 

p.s you dot'n need to apologize me

No ploblem Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum